WEB ANALYTICS SPECIALIST
“Think of the Web Analytics Specialist as the individual who measures, analyzes and provides insights for change and guidance for improvement of your digital presence, marketing programs and campaigns.”
Web Analytics Specialists play an integral role planning, implementing, and analyzing interactive marketing strategies, programs and campaigns for online business portals, e-commerce activities, e-mail marketing, and social media. They have expertise in thinking quantitatively and analytically and utilize their knowledge of internet terminology, KPI creation, pathing, and engagement analysis.
This is how they will deliver their results…
- Developing and measuring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Building dashboards
- Performing competitive benchmarking and trending
- Capturing web analytics data with such applications as Omniture, Clicktale, Google Search Service and potentially Google Analytics and Google Search Appliance
- Leveraging qualitative and quantitative methodologies to analyze captured data
- Providing reports to communicate key metrics and findings
- Recommending and creating A/B or multivariate tests to improve user experience and conversion
- Documenting web marketing strategies and processing and recommend improvements
- Implementing and configuring analytics platforms
- Facilitating analytics code implementations
- Researching, creating, implementing and managing PPC campaigns with Google, Yahoo!, Bing, etc.
- Analyzing campaign data and adjusting strategies to deliver maximum return on investment